The client must:
Be between 12 to 24 years old;
Not have consumed within the last 48 hours;
Be able to communicate in French;
Be willing to follow house rules.
1. Are phone calls allowed?
Phone calls are allowed only on Tuesday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
2. Will I be able to call anyone?
A call list will be determined at the time of admission. People who support and encourage you will probably be put on this list.
3. Will I be able to have an outing?
To be granted a day off, you must obtain permission from your counselor or the Director. Request for such should be sent two weeks in advance. It is important to note that the outings are only accepted when the client has completed at least a month of treatment.
4. Should I bring money?
You must bring $50.00 for medications and $40.00 for your personal things in case you run out. You must have your money for cigarettes. If your parents have a drug card, you must bring a photocopy in case you would need it during your stay. You must bring your health card and your social insurance card.
5. Do we have access to the Internet?
Internet access is prohibited during your stay at La Maison Arc-en-Ciel.
6. What are the objects that will be confiscated upon my arrival?
You may not have lighters, belts, clothes that markets messages of death, aggression, racism, or gang. All objects related to sexuality such as magazines, condoms and objects considered dangerous will also be confiscated. Energy drinks are also prohibited at La Maison Arc-en-Ciel. These items will be given back to you at the end of your treatment.
7. Are iPods and MP3 allowed?
No, you can't bring your music.
8. Can I bring my stereo?
Unfortunately, no stereo is allowed.
9. Will I be able to keep all my personal products in my room?
Yes, your personal belongings may be kept in your room, except for some dangerous items such as a razor, medications...
10. Will I be alone in my room?
Yes, you will be alone in your room.
11. Do I get to go shopping?
It is forbidden to go shopping during your stay at La Maison Arc-en-Ciel. So we encourage you to make your purchase before coming to La MaisonArc-en-Ciel.
12. Can I use my cell phone?
No, your cell phone will be confiscated when you arrive.
13. Can I have my own "junk food"?
The "junk food" will be locked and you'll get to eat it during the weekends.
14. What are the procedures when I get to the center?From your first day, a search of your property is made. It's during that time that some items might be confiscated. After the search, you must pass a urine test, to check what kind of drugs you have in your system. If everything is ok, you will be shown to your room and the treatment starts from there.
15. Do you accept people with concurrent disorders (addiction and mental health problems)?
La Maison Arc-en-Ciel mission is to help not only young Francophone men with substance abuse problems, but also those with concurrent disorders.
16 . Do you accept people who are medicated?
People who must take prescribed medications essential to their well-being are accepted at La Maison Arc-en-Ciel.